Thursday, June 2, 2011

Day 3 of Our Tour of Maui, Hawaii - Makaniolu Ranch - Maui Hawaii Landscape Photography, Maui Hawaii Portrait Photography

Are you ready for Day Three?  For Day Three, we are headed to a horse ranch on the slopes of Iao.  As everyone knows, Hawaii is also cowboy country, and some of the most beautiful cattle ranches you can imagine nestle in on the slopes of these ancient volcanos.  For our tour, we are going to visit the Makani'olu Ranch in Waikapu, Maui, Hawaii. 


http://www.makanioluranch.com/


You travel up Hono'api'ilani Highway to Waiko Road which will connect up to the Old Waikapu Road.  And sitting pretty on the side of Iao, is a beautiful ranch where you can bring the kids for pony rides, or book a trail ride back up into the valley.  Would you like to be a Poniolo for a day?  Call the ranch and speak to the cowboys who run the ranch and they will help hook you up, as the locals say.


Thank you my dear friend, Rebecca.  You are my adventuring soul sister.  You have been a gift from my Heavenly Father, and I'm so grateful that we are friends.  Through our friendship, I've seen more of my island home in the last few years than I ever did before.



















Some people are terrified of horses.  I know I was when I was a little girl...


But wait for it...


wait for it....


wait for it...



Yup...we might just like it after all...




















A giant red lava rock.









No comments:

Followers